C+C Apartment Management LLC is recognized as an industry leader in management and real estate operations. Our team manages the day-to-day operations of over 18,000 residential dwelling units across approximately 400 multi-family buildings throughout the New York Tri-state area. The C+C portfolio contains market rate, mixed market rate, affordable and full tax credit/affordable properties.
Our mission is to provide exceptional property management services that meet the diverse needs of our various constituents, including our residents, the local community, government and financing agencies, and the owners of the properties. C+C offers a full breadth of management services to improve and enhance a property’s revenue, cost control measures, maintenance, financial reporting, and resident relations.
Responsible for the oversight of the management staff across a multiple sites and site offices across financially complex assets structured with multiple ownership entities. Coordinates with Asset Management team and co-developers/stakeholders on the financial performance of all assets in their portfolio. The portfolio encompasses over 2,000 units mostly concentrated in Central Harlem with a few properties in the Bronx.
Essential Job Functions:
- Independently and effectively oversees/tracks large-scale CAPEX projects in collaboration with Builders Group and AM
- Oversees site-level functions and efforts for compliance-related projects (i.e. LIHTC syndications, RAD conversions, etc.)
- Directly oversees financial operations; including, but not limited to shared cost allocations b/w retail/office/residential operations, CAM charges, multi-entity expense allocations, etc.
- Organizes and collaborates with multiple ownership groups/stakeholders and provides recommendations on best courses of action on complex decision-making matters
- Coordinates directly with high-level agency contacts on complex matters (i.e. BBRI, RCS preparation, OCAF requests, etc.)
- Closely monitors the operational performance of complex building systems; including, but not limited to Microgrids, Cogen, BMS, Shared Cooling Towers and Geothermal systems and SSDS monitoring and operation
- Supervises and implements plans and strategies to promote optimum achievement of operations across the assets in their region.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service, which includes maintaining open lines of communication with staff and residents.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support to staff and property managers while creating a cohesive working environment.
- Plays a critical role in the operational oversight and execution of efforts surrounding new acquisition transition efforts, as well as building openings
- Reviews financial reporting populated by Property Managers
- Plays an active role in operational/CAPEX budget preparations
- Acts as a “high-level approver” for expenditures, purchasing and invoice processing; closely monitors/enforces company policy surrounding same.
- Overall responsibility for portfolio rent collections
- Responsible for implementing cost cutting measures
- Performs annual reviews on all subordinate employees and determines compensation levels.
- Closely monitors performance of their direct reports and coordinates with HR on progressive disciplinary measures
- Maintains full accountability and plays a direct leadership role in supervising agency-specific regularly inspections (i.e. REAC Inspections, MOR, Annual API Inspections, etc.)
- Attends resident meetings
- Works closely with security team on security-related initiatives
- Maintains high-level oversight of retail/commercial operations pursuant to the lease agreements
- Closely monitors and enforces corporate initiatives/SOPs across their portfolio
- Work closely with compliance team and PM’s to ensure completion of annual LIHTC recertifications for properties with waivers and self-certifications within their portfolio
- Prepare and send reminder notices to the residents at 90, 60, and 30 days
- Commences holdover for Failure to Recertify by 2nd day of effective month
- Prepares for tenant file reviews with investors, syndicators, and monitoring agencies audits
- Assists in response to investor, syndicator, and monitoring agency audits
- Completes monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reporting
- Tracks audits, reporting, recertifications, etc.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience Required:
- 10+ years of property management experience in a supervisory capacity overseeing other management-level teams
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background/experience in managing complex, multi-use assets with complex ownership structures and challenging underwriting targets
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of analytical, budget, forecasting and running historical trend analysis
- Extremely strong background/experience working with complex building systems (SSDS, microgrids, Cogen, Geothermal, BMS, etc.)
- Demonstrated track-record in stabilizing distressed properties and/or improving NOI
- Strong ability to work with people and manage extremely challenging and complex administrative projects
- Must have project management experience
- Must possess affordable housing and/or market rate experience
- Must display superior leadership and multi-tasking abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Proficiency in Yardi, Site Compli, HappyCo., preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, preferred
C+C offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential property management organization.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.