C+C Apartment Management LLC is recognized as an industry leader in management and real estate operations. Our team manages the day-to-day operations of over 18,000 residential dwelling units across approximately 400 multi-family buildings throughout the New York Tri-state area. The C+C portfolio contains market rate, mixed market rate, affordable and full tax credit/affordable properties.
Our mission is to provide exceptional property management services that meet the diverse needs of our various constituents, including our residents, the local community, government and financing agencies, and the owners of the properties. C+C offers a full breadth of management services to improve and enhance a property’s revenue, cost control measures, maintenance, financial reporting, and resident relations.
A centerpiece of Newark’s Fairmount neighborhood in New Jersey, Georgia King Village was constructed in 1976. The expansive apartment complex boasts two 18-story high-rises and 24 three-story garden-style walk-ups that total 422 residential units. Varied amenities include basketballs courts, children’s play areas, barbecues, as well as laundry facilities and a community room.
Together with Prudential Impact Investments, L+M acquired the general partner interest of Georgia King Village in July of 2016. The impassioned project marks the official re-emergence for Georgia King Village as a resolute cornerstone in Newark’s West Ward.
As part of the preservation transaction, all units will remain affordable to individuals and families earning no more than 60% of the area median income. The joint effort between L+M, Prudential, the state of New Jersey, and Georgia King Village showcases Newark’s remarkable resiliency and commitment that will ensure the city continues to thrive for years to come.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the Property Manager (PM) with all aspects of operational procedures including the daily oversight of all maintenance personnel
- Manages HQS inspections/repairs and court-ordered repairs
- Oversees equipment repairs and status updates
- Handles general building maintenance operations
- Track, maintain, and schedule in-house resident maintenance repair requests, as well as repairs requiring external vendors
- Prepare and release vendors via work authorizations ensuring that all approvals are in place pursuant to pre-established thresholds
- Maintains frequent resident engagement which include resident follow up and timely responses (e.g. email, phone, etc.)
- Assists PM with all active and aged (HDP, DOB, ECB) violations including follow up with CHA (Cohen Hochman & Allen) and updating SiteCompli
- Works alongside the PM and actively engage the Legal Team to track/monitor and cure any/all HP actions and/or litigation imposed by city agencies surrounding maintenance issues
- Supports, tracks, and assists both the site team(s) and PM on agency-specific regularly inspections (i.e. REAC, MOR, API, etc.)
- Tracks and logs vacant apartments; follow up with PM to schedule and prepare make-ready process
- Works alongside PM reviewing MOR report information especially when explaining collections, legal/arrears and bad debt matters
- Reviews and processes vendor invoices on Avid Exchange weekly
- Collaborates and support any/all L+M/C&C Community Affairs initiatives
- Closely monitors/supports and serve as a direct contact for at-risk resident populations – working closely with Social Services team
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School diploma
Minimum Experience Required:
- 1 plus year of comparable work experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess exemplary customer service skills
- Must display ability to complete tasks/projects on-time
- Proficiency in Yardi, preferred
C+C offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential property management organization.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.